From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:34 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mod_auth_ldap and Novell e-dir

Craig - using only autodetection (don't force the .hnw file) - I would suggest you try using the 2.1.8 alpha release when it's announced in a few days. ldap was quite experimental on 2.2, and with ssl and starttls support, doubly so.

Bill

Craig L. Ching wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to build an apache (2.0.54 on SunOS 7) that will

be able to
interface with Novell e-Directory to authenticate users using mod_auth_ldap. I have a build that works using the

OpenLDAP libraries
and normal ldap://, but when we try to do the same thing using ldaps://, I get errors that indicate that OpenLDAP doesn't

support the
DER encoding for the certificate.

So I was thinking of using the Novell LDAP SDK, but that doesn't appear to be straight-forward. Using the following options:

 --with-ldap=ldapsdk \

--with-ldap-include=/export/home/cching/novell/cldap_2005.07.18/includ

\
 --with-ldap-lib=/export/home/cching/novell/cldap_2005.07.18/lib \
 --enable-ldap=static \
 --enable-auth-ldap=static \

I get the following compile error:

"util_ldap.c", line 1568: undefined symbol:

LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE

So, delving into this a bit further, I see a preprocessor macro:

APR_HAS_NOVELL_LDAPSDK

That looks interesting. AFAICT, the only way to turn this on is by using srclib/apr-util/include/apr_ldap.hnw for apr_ldap.h. Copying that over gets me further, except that I get these link errors:

ild: (undefined symbol) ldapssl_init -- referenced in the

text segment
of modules/experimental/.libs/mod_ldap.a(util_ldap.o)

So, has anyone gotten the Novell LDAP SDK to work? Any other hints for how I could go about making mod_auth_ldap work with

Novell e-Dir?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Craig