William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Double check - FYI the AV products which do inject a filter into the
socket stack don't automagically 'remove' themselves when they are
turned off... they just don't do scanning.

Well... I right-clicked the system-tray icon and selected "exit control program", which removed the icon. Of course that description is pretty, but it looked like the scanner program really had quit.

Stick with Win32DisableAcceptEx and you are
fine, or feel free to let us know if you discover whatever application
had interfered.

The worst thing is that OpenSSH doesn't run anymore :-/.
Maybe they have an idea, I'll ask on their mailing list.

-Marvin