André Malo wrote:
* Paul Richards wrote:

Hi,
I'm attempting to write a CGI script response which has the
Transfer-Encoding header set to "cunked".  Apache is buffering the
output and erroneously adding a Content-Length header which is
forbidden by the HTTP spec [1].

Well, this is a bad thing.
The CGI spec (RFC 3875) says:

| The script MUST NOT return any header fields that relate to
| client-side communication issues and could affect the server's
| ability to send the response to the client.  [...]

I'd suggest using an nph-script.

Probably no need...

You don't mention 1.3 / 2.0?  I'd appreciate if you would be willing
to test 2.1.7 alpha candidate ( http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ ),
be sure to grab apr and apr-util 1.2.1 (http://www.apache.org/dist/apr).
The reason I ask, that candidate should have all of the fixes that will
come with httpd 2.0.55 if and when it's ever released.

We tried to catch all the occurances where content-length and the
transfer-encoding were mutually exclusive.

Bill