Hi,

I have set up a password protected directroy as follows:

<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/excel>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Access for Excel Files"
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/excel-files
require user 9034001
</Directory>

This dir contains MS Excel files. The Internet Explorer asks me for the
username and password as expected. When I click on one of the Excel files,
Excel comes up and asks me a second time for a username and passwort.

I guess that for apache a second application wants to access this dir and
therefore it asks for the data, again.
Does anyone of you know a trick to get rid of the second authentication
window?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus