On 9/14/05, matt-nc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It says, client denied by server configuration:
> /home/amos/local-web/php/welcome.php

This indicates an apache configuration issue rather than file-system
permissions.  You need to have
<Directory /home/amos/local-web/php>
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

Or something of the sort.

> Does the localhost seem like the correct server name to specify since I'm
> just using it for a localhost web server and the /conf/hosts file has an
> entry 127.0.0.1 localhost?

It doesn't matter what you put for ServerName, since the first listed
<VirtualHost> will simply catch any name that doesn't match ServerName
in the other <VirtualHost>s.

Joshua.