On 9/16/05, Eric Wagar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But, after the make|make install, I receive these errors:
> Starting Apache Server for ewm-test.corp.sgi.com
> /engr/apache/site_conf/ewm-test.corp.sgi.com/start :
> ewm-test.corp.sgi.com::httpd could not be started
> Syntax error on line 230 of
> /engr/apache/site_conf/ewm-test.corp.sgi.com/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /engr/apache/libexec/libproxy.so into server:
> /engr/apache/libexec/libproxy.so: undefined symbol: ap_hook_unregister_I
>   ERROR: can not start ewm-test.corp.sgi.com
> Line 230:
> LoadModule proxy_module       libexec/libproxy.so
>
> After doing so, I look in the libexec dir, and I do not see libproxy.so
> being updated with the current timestamp.  Commenting the proxy lines
> out of the httpd.conf does not help either.

What error message do you get when you comment out line 230?  I'm sure
it won't say the same thing.

> This is being compiled with gcc 2.96 on RH7.2.

Someone is going to say you need to upgrade.  It won't be me b/c I've
had Apache compile and run just fine on boxes from RH6.2 up to RHEL 4.
 I've seen no serious difference in performance (could be just me) and
security updates aren't that difficult to keep track of.