I have a very strange problem that I can't resolve.

I have Apache 2.0.54 running on Red Hat. Apache is serving the following sites:

* http://staticpages.example.com - Simple static XHTML pages.
* http://jsp.example.com - JSP pages running via proxy on port 9000 on Tomcat 5.5.9 (JDK 1.5.0_04). * http://servlet.example.com - Servlets running via proxy on port 9100 on Tomcat 5.5.9 (JDK 1.5.0_04).
* https://dav.example.com - A WebDAV site accessed via SSL.
* https://svn.example.com - A Subversion site accessed via SSL.

Periodically the port 80 sites will stop responding. No errors will be in error_log. There will be no record in access_log of my attempts to access the site.

The other sites will still work fine. I can access the secure WebDAV site through Apache with no problem. I can access the JSP pages on Tomcat directly like this:

http://jsp.example.com:9000

But the connection will time out when trying to access either the static pages on Apache or the proxied Tomcat site via Apache, and no trace of the request can be found in the log files.

What is causing this strange problem? I'll be happy to provide more info, if you need it.

Sincerely,

Garret