On 9/20/05, Jean-Christophe Montigny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried to add a firewall rule to block the guy :
> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s 69.50.168.130 -j DROP

iptables -A adds a rule ad the end. It could be that there is an
earlier rule that accepts this guy. In this case the rule is never
reached.

Do an "iptables -L -v" to see if the rule ever gets reached.

Better to do an
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s  69.50.168.130 -j DROP

This puts the rule at the head...

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]