On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 08:52:44AM -0500, Craig L. Ching wrote:
> Hold on Dmitriy, I was out of town last week and some kind soul responded to
> a message I'd put out a couple of weeks ago.  Here it is, I'm going to take
> his advice and I'll let you know how it goes:

thnx.

> > Is OpenLDAP expected to have ldap_ssl.h?  Or is ldap_start_tls_s
> > support enough?  I'm a bit clueless about the difference between SSL
> > and TLS, I just need to get a secure connection to Novell e-directory.

Difference between SSL and TLS very small. When your use SSL your have SSL
connection on specific SSL port, and, after that, use plain HTTP, or POP3, or
IMAP4, ... over this tunnel. When you use TLS, you, use connection to STANDART
port for same service, after that, send command STARTTLS, after that use SSL
connection on standart service port.

> These files are used in the Sun LDAPSDK. The message in the logfile is
> misleading. OpenLDAP supports SSL but this message indicates that you have
> not set the LDAPTrustedCA and LDAPTrustedCAType directives.

Possible.
But it not my case.
It fine certificate:
$ sudo openssl verify -CAfile /usr/local/etc/ssl/cacert.pem -verbose
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/slapd-free2.mow.crt
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/slapd-free2.mow.crt: OK

And, as I write previously, I get error message, when apache started. WITHOUT
ldap-connection (I look tcpdump in this moment)

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia