I have obviously gone through these documents but did not get much
useful information from these links.

Not exactly step by step how-to, but at least if there is some
information on mapping of old against new APIs/data structures, would
help us go ahead.

If anyone has successfully ported Apache 1.3 module that uses ssl module
functionality for encryption to Apache 2.0 and can provide inputs, would
be of great help.

Apache 1.3 module uses APIs/data structures for ssl encryption which are
no longer there in Apache2.0's ssl.

ap_ctx_get/ap_ctx_set are the used in older module to get the global
context from Apache server. Not able to figure out what these should
correspond to in newer version.

This piece of code gives error:::::

static myModuleConfigRec *myModuleConfig(void)
{
ap_pool *sub_pool;
myModuleConfigRec *mc;

do {

if ( (mc = (myModuleConfigRec *) ap_ctx_get(ap_global_ctx,
"pta_module")) ) {
/* Got a valid module context, so we're done here */
break;
}

#ifdef DEBUGMSG
fprintf(stderr, "Creating a my_module global context...pid=[%ld]\n",
(long) getpid());
#endif

/* Otherwise we need to create and initialize one.
* Allocate an own subpool which survives server restarts
* and DSO reloads.
*/
sub_pool = ap_make_sub_pool(NULL);
mc = (myModuleConfigRec *) ap_pcalloc(sub_pool,
sizeof(myModuleConfigRec));
mc->pool = sub_pool;
mc->myModule_init_count = 0;
mc->htable_size = 12;

/* And save it into Apache's global context */
ap_ctx_set(ap_global_ctx, "myModule_module", mc);
} while(0);
return mc;
}

where

typedef struct {
int myModule_init_count; /* to keep track of how times we're called */
int htable_size;
ap_pool *pool;
} myModuleConfigRec;

since ap_ctx_get and ap_ctx_set are replaced in apache 2.0...

Please provide inputs if anyone has.

Awaiting replies..

Swati.