On Tuesday 27 September 2005 03:36, Jignesh Badani wrote:
> Greetings Folks,
>
> We have been running pretty smoothly 3 instances each of Apache2 (2 of
> them on 2.0.48 and the 3rd one is running 2.0.51) for over an year now on
> 2 load balanced Solaris 8 (SunFire 480R 2 - Ultra Sparc 3 900Mhz CPU and 4
> GB RAM) boxes.

If they started misbehaving, what has changed?  Any system libraries?
Kernel?  Hardware and/or drivers?  And if so, have you rebuilt apache
from clean source?

> 2 of the instances (2.0.48 - Extranet and 2.0.51 - Intranet) have
> Netegrity Siteminder Agents

... whatever that is ...

> running on them and nothing else (no perl, no
> php, nothing. They are straight forward Reverse Proxies). I do have  SSL
> enabled on each of the instances and use a Rainbow CSwift accelerator
> hardware.

Do you have anything in Apache to take advantage of that hardware?

> The management is wanting to know the cause and so do I. What is the best
> way to debug this ?

Apart from running gdb on a core dump?

There are some debugging aids at http://people.apache.org/~trawick/

--