On Tuesday 27 September 2005 18:14, Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:

> I am running Debian 3.1. I run apt-get to install or remove packages, and i
> have run apt-get remove apache and apache 2... all apache packages....
> I know that even after I run remove on them...there are still lots of
> apache things..or web applications left over..... do I need to purge
> everything, mambo, sql-ledger, mailman? the works,, every trace of anything
> apache before reinstalling?

If you installed apache using debian's packages, then it should be managed
by debian, and you'd probably be better off asking in a debian forum.

If you installed apache from apache.org, then just rm the directory it's in -
which will depend on your configuration options. (e.g. /usr/local/apache)

--
Nick Kew