I'm looking to do the same thing as Bhavin, but with a little twist: I'd like
to be able for the users to save/upload files under their user id's.  I'm not
sure this is actually possible - maybe someone can tell me whether or not it is
possible and, if it is possible, how you would go about doing it.  I've looked
breifly as suexec, but this seems specific to executing things with a
particular user's id and not necessarily writing filesystem information that
way.

Thanks,

Nick Couchman
Systems Integrator
SEAKR Engineering, Inc.
6221 South Racine Circle
Centennial, CO 80111
Main: (303) 790-8499
Fax: (303) 790-8720
Web: http://www.seakr.com

On 9/29/05, Bhavin Modi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>        RewriteRule ^/users/$ /users/%{REMOTE_USER} [R]

> The %{REMOTE_USER} returns a value like
> "uid=testuser,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com", so I need to
> filter "testuser" from this string.
>
> Is there any other way to do what I am trying to do ?

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER} uid=([^,]+),
RewriteRule ^/users/$ /users/%1

Joshua.

   "   from the digest: users- digest- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e- mail: users- [EMAIL PROTECTED]