I believe this might work for you but I have never tried it.  The rest
of this is DNS...

<VirtualHost _default_>
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ServerAlias *.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /home/mydomain/public_html
Alias /error /var/html/public_error
ErrorDocument 404 /error/mycustom404.html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost xx.36.161.82>
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ServerAlias jacko.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /home/jack.mydomain/public_html
Alias /error /var/html/public_error
ErrorDocument 404 /error/mycustom404.html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost xx.36.161.82>
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ServerAlias corp.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /home/corp.mydomain/public_html
Alias /error /var/html/public_error
ErrorDocument 404 /error/mycustom404.html
</VirtualHost>

in

"www.thatdomain.com"
> > or
> > > "*.thatdomain.com" or "thatdomain.com/*" to see a
default/catch-all