I just did a check the other day and found I was using prefork.c.
So for production I am stuck with prefork for now.
So any ideas for the child spawn issue.
Our IT department seems to think that prefork is the way to go.
I am currently rebuilding our development server and then seeing about flipping it over to
worker. Unless there is a reason to go with a different MPM.
Here is my results for httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
 core.c
 mod_access.c
 mod_auth.c
 util_ldap.c
 mod_auth_ldap.c
 mod_include.c
 mod_deflate.c
 mod_log_config.c
 mod_env.c
 mod_setenvif.c
 mod_proxy.c
 proxy_connect.c
 proxy_ftp.c
 proxy_http.c
 mod_ssl.c
 prefork.c
 http_core.c
 mod_mime.c
 mod_status.c
 mod_autoindex.c
 mod_asis.c
 mod_info.c
 mod_cgi.c
 mod_negotiation.c
 mod_dir.c
 mod_imap.c
 mod_actions.c
 mod_userdir.c
 mod_alias.c
 mod_rewrite.c
 mod_so.c

Edward

Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV wrote:

What MPM are you using ? Do you have the server-status module loaded ? What
does it report ?

( /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l ??)
-ascs