On 10/27/05, Albrecht Dreß <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am afraid this is a dumb question, but unfortunately I wasn't able to
> solve it from the docs and list archives...
>
> I need a very simple PUT support in apache to test an other application
> which should upload files. So I added
>
> <Directory /PUT-test>
>          Dav filesystem
>          Order Deny,Allow
>          <Limit PUT>
>                  Allow from all
>          </Limit>
>          Script PUT /cgi-bin/put.pl
> </Directory>

I see a couple problems here:

1. <Directory> points to filesystem directories, not web-paths.  So it
should be something like <Directory /var/web/PUT-test>.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/sections.html#file-and-web

2. There is no reason to be using DAV here.  The Script PUT is what
will actually be handling the PUT request, not mod_dav.

Joshua.