Hello,

I'm running
Apache/2.0.55 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 PHP/5.0.5 SVN/1.2.3 mod_ssl/2.0.55
OpenSSL/0.9.7e
and I am using mod_rewrite to redirect requests for http://domain.com to
http://www.domain.com and it's working fine for http but for some reason
not at all for https.  I have the following in the global portion of my
httpd.conf

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^www\.kc8onw\.net [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)         http://www.kc8onw.net/$1 [L,R]
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd-rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 9

I have SSL setup like this

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#   General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"
ServerName kc8onw.net:443
ServerAlias www.kc8onw.net:443
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd-access.log

I've googled for a few days with variations on the subject of this mail
and have not been able to find an answer, I keep getting http -> https
issues which is not currently my problem.  Checking the rewrite log after
an http request I see mod_rewrite checking and rewriting urls but nothing
shows up at all for an https request.  Any pointers or possible
explanations would be greatly appreciated.  If it would help to see the
full config files I can either put them on the site or attach them I just
didn't want to send all that in the first mail.

Thank you,
Jonathan