On Monday 31 October 2005 22:59, Glynn Lawrence wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Pardon?

> I am trying to stop certain pages being cached as users complain they
> can not see the up to date version.

Of course they can!  That's a browser function.  Put up an instructions
page for how to use dumb-user browsers if necessary.

> <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="30;
> URL=http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/testrefresh.html";>

That is very nasty indeed.

There are good reasons for cacheing.  Do you really think you can
implement a better regime?  It'll only affect your users if their *browsers*
are set to query the server when they revisit a page.

--
Nick Kew