Lol, the benefits of perl for others happen to be the downfall of perl for me. Well, I do agree, after slicing a page in photoshop, and optimizing it in notepad2 (yeah!) I guess I just appreciate being able to cut and paste my content engine class without worrying about any complicated things. Also, is perl like php where you can create your class in MVC style? For those who haven't read design patterns, here is MVC:

Acronym for Model-View-Controller. MVC was first widely defined in the book "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma et al. It defines a separation of concerns in a program where the model defines the internal data structures of the program, the view defines how the model is rendered to the user, and the controller performs the actual actions in the program that affect the model.

On 11/3/05, Octavian Rasnita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "Joshua Kogut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Again guys, I said that you've sold me to try perl again, but there is
> something in Php that I just can't say, something that drags me to it.

May I try to say what I think you like in PHP?

You can create static html files, or even modify some already created html
files, and with a short simple code can make them dynamic. This is not a way
for creating great professional sites, but it may happen often.
This is a little harder to do with perl.

You can create crypted programs which you can sell to the customers without
giving them the code of the program and this is not possible with perl.

You can just use a functional style specifying just the function_name()
without specifying the package for very many functions, and the interface
for using most functions is very simple. Not very complex but very simple
for simple things.
(This is a reason I don't like PHP, because I cannot remember thousands of
functions and what library offer them, and I like more cryptic but shorter
programs)

Another reason you might like PHP is that it doesn't offer too many options,
and you don't need to learn, test and see which one is the best for your
program because you have a single option and that's all.
Of course, in perl you could learn and use a single option, but you will
remain unsatisfied because you might remember that there are many other
options and maybe you haven't used the best of them.

Teddy