I good book to check out is Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C by O'Reilly.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wrapmod/desc.html

Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

On Nov 3, 2005, at 6:58 PM, Rob Belics wrote:

I would like my Apache server to dynamically create and serve some web pages using 'C'. I am not interested in using the default CGI or Perl. I have gotten myself turned round and round for weeks on how to do this. I know I need to use the API but I don't understand where handlers and modules fit in.

An example of where I am confused. If a request for index.html comes in, would I have AddHandler myhandler .html in httpd.conf and write code for 'myhandler' to do this? Wouldn't 'myhandler' actually be a module? Or are modules just a collection of handlers like a library?

I think I might have enough information to know how to write a module if I just knew how Apache knew when and where to call my 'whatever' but I just need some direction.

Thanks.