I have PHP5 / Apache2 / mod_perl 2 all running locally on OS X 10.3.9.

It took me a bit of magic installing and reinstalling the bunch to get them
all to play together well.  When I use mod_perl I use a handler instead
of mod_cgi.  I had a few people mention PHP and mod_perl not getting
along together.  When I had PHP4 installed I did have problems with it.
It would crap out periodically. After installing PHP5 my problems went away.

Maybe if you install PHP5 you'll have your problems go away too.

I haven't had a problem with SSL and have it installed too.

Hope that helps...

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com