AFAIK, it's an exploit attempt on an old version of awstats:

<http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12543>

But if you secure the access with passwords and per-IP rules,
you will be safe... "default deny" is always a good idea.

Personally, I use the analog (www.analog.cx) log analyzer (never
tried awstats, so I may be considered a bit on the retro side...
any comments from the group?). And marketing is using the (nonfree)
"clicktracks" (www.clicktracks.com/)

Best regards,

-- David

--On Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:52 PM -0500 "David P. Donahue" <[EMAIL