Joshua

I'm convinced Apache 2.0.53 doesn't work as advertised in the docs when you try to get Basic Auth working without a .htaccess file.

I can get it to request a userid and password with AllowOverride AuthConfig and using a .htaccess file.

Which brings me to a followup question ...

It doesn't like the passwords in the password file. They work fine under Apache 1.3 on my ISP's Linux server. I used htpasswd to create the passwords.

Is there way to force Apache2 to use DES or whatever Apache 1.3 is comfortable with?

Thanks for being there

Mike

Mike Dewhirst wrote: