I'm having a problem with Apache directory restrictions that I have not found
this same issue in the FAQ or archives. I get the feeling that the problem may
be my lack of understanding of some fundamental function of the server.

I have a certain directory to which access is restricted by IP subnet. For
example, only clients from 192.168.66.* can access the files in the restricted
directory. This actually works fine when clients attempt to directly access the
directory. If they are not in the proper IP subnet then access is denied.

The problem is this: Many pages on the web site are accessed by a Perl script.
The script writes out the page template that is the same for all the pages on
the site, and then reads in the data for each individual page from individual
html files on the server. If you attempt to access a file in the restricted
directory using the script the web server directory restrictions are ignored
and the file is displayed.

Is this what is supposed to happen? Since this isn't what I would like to
happen, can it be overcome?

Thanks,
Brent.

D. Brent Herring