hello list,

I'm very sorry to jump straight in here with a question, but here goes:

I've got a fairly normaly thin-and-thick setup with a mod_perl server in the background. The thin server on 80 is a reverse proxy for the mod_perl server on 8081, in the usual way. The only quirk is that for some directories I'm forcing secure access and bypassing the proxy: those I redirect to the same mod_perl server, but on port 443.

It all works very nicely except for one thing:

* url with query string proxied to the non-secure port on the mod_perl server works fine * url with qs redirected to the secure port on the same server arrives without the query string

There's quite a big stack of handlers on the mod_perl server, including a TransHandler, so at first I just assumed I was breaking the input, but I'm really not: I've been able to make sure that the request really does come in without the query string.

As it happens this application will accept similar input in the path_info so I can get by for the few cases where the redirect kicks in. But I thought mod_alias just ignored the query string? please could someone suggest why they're getting eaten? It's driving me nuts.

thank you

will