Hi NG,

I have my own apache server 2.0.54 running with php 4.3.10.

I got a little logical problem here about http requests.

I have written a small php script which waits for x seconds. Every
second it appends the seconds to a file.

I expected a timeout after 300 seconds, becouse apache is configured
like that. But until now it doesn't matter. I can wait for more than 5
minutes and the script finishes i see the result page.

Why my browser doesn't get a timeout. Which part is responsible for a
timeout???

On the comp.lang.php group they gave up. One said that it is
configurable over the directive max-execution-time in php.ini. BUT this
one is set to
30 seconds. The timeout directive in httpd.conf is 300 seconds.

Here the code:

<?php

        // All print functions do not show up on the screen until it is
finished
        print 'Now we wait<br>';

        for($i = 1; $i <= 360; ++$i) {
                sleep(1);