On 11/21/05, James Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would be very grateful if anyone could please advise me on this and maybe
> briefly comment on/explain some of the issues involved.
> I have set up Apache 2.0 in my account but cannot run it as it needs port
> 80. It seems a bit odd that they (the admin) might suggest that I have to
> install Apache 2.0 seeing as it already in installed on the server and I
> have an account there. It seems a little more logical to me for them to
> install mod_jk and maybe direct that to the tomcat in my account??!!

And much more dangerous.  If there was a problem with mod_jk it could
take down the whole server.  By asking you to setup a test in your own
account, the admin is reasonably being conservative about what goes
into the server.

You can run your server by choosing any port over 1024 for the Listen
directive, and then connecting to it using
http://yoursite.example.com:port/

Joshua.