hi,
I use the apache server version 2.0
and the machine runs Sun OS 5.8 on Ultra 10,  300MHz speed.

I checked by printing the time at the start of the cgi and at the end
of the cgi, which
the diff gives the time taken to run the script.

The browser connects to the server via internet, ADSL leased line.

The script basically parses XML file and generates the output in the
browser and has some images to display a tree structure. In total it
takes around 8000 bytes.

Yeah as you guess it should be the network problem.
So, what would you suggest to improve this, other than hardware upgradation.

thanks
senthil