Hi,

    I'm facing a strange problem on a production box I'm running for some months.Suddenly, I've got remaining httpd2-prefork processes remaining in memory for hours (6/7% CPU).
On the other hand, I've got lot of 'sleeping forever' mysql query processes.Problem is mysql doesn't say anything about query so I'm unable to find where problem comes from.
I've tried lsof -p so I know it's my portal which is troublesome but this one uses lot of external blocks ... Is there a way to know what an httpd2-prefork process is exactly doing ?

The only way I found to have my server running again is an apachectl restart :(

(apache 2.0.49)

Best regards,
Fabian