Isn't ip based hosts required for this as well?

On 12/1/05, Rob Benton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^my\.site [NC]
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
> RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^(80|443)$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)         https://my.site/$1 [L,R]
>
> That will direct all https:// traffic to the right hostname but trying
> to use http:// still results in the bad request error:
>
> "Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
> Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please."
>
> I must have missed something else in the config file.  I have 2 Listen
> directives, 1 for 80, and 1 for 443.

You probably have SSL turned on for the entire server, rather than
just for the requests coming in on port 443.  As I mentioned in an
earlier reply, you should have two vhosts: one for ssl on 443 and one
for non-ssl on 80.  The second one just redirects to the first and the
SSLEngine directive is only in the first one.

Joshual.

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.