oups, i don't understand you logic either ;)

ok i'll try to make things clearer

What i'm trying to do is this :

- check if the folder /var/www/hosts/${lowercase:%{SERVER_NAME}}/web exists
- if yes rewrite the request to this folder
- else if SERVER_NAME is found in the vhost.map (as first entry) then redirect request to the master domain (vhost.map second entry)

I did some corrections and it should look like something like this, it's far from working but at least the fisrst part seems to work

# if folder exists as a master domain
RewriteCond /var/www/hosts/${lowercase:%{SERVER_NAME}}/web ^(.+)$
# do the magic
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /var/www/hosts/${lowercase:%{SERVER_NAME}}/web/$1 [L]
# else redirect to the master domain
RewriteCond ${vhost:%1} ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)   http://%2/$1  [QSA,L,R=301]

Hope it's clearer (might not be clever though) and that i won't have any grabage characters again
Greg