On Dec 12, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

Apache processes are treated like any other user; well, in fact, a
particular user: the one specified in the User/Group directives in
httpd.conf.  If this User/Group can access the files using ordinary
filesystem permissions, then apache can access them.

OK. I think it *might* be sinking in.

So basically, all I need to do, is ask the the Windows server IT guys to add user "www" to the group that can access the photos folder in question? And Apache will be able to serve photos from that folder? Would I still need to define an alias in the mod_alias section of the httpd.conf file?

Ken