The idea is to have the images be cached (even in memory if possible) so that
it is super fast as I am running this on my PC that I use for other things. And
I only have 1 GB of memory.

It is my understanding from reading posts that mod_cache relies on the expire
statement. Images will not have that so I was wondering how to cache only them.
This is a phpBB forum with oscommerce. Oscommerce more than phpBB has images.

Thanks.

Mike