From: Pete Lamborne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:56 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] rewrite gurus help? (with mod_proxy_ajp)

ASCS, thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion (and several permutations of it) were not successful; I don't
quite understand why, but it created an infinite loop.

I don't think the original situation (where it *works*, but the URL is
rewritten in the user's browser) is due to ProxyPass being evaluated first,
because the URL did indeed get rewritten 1st (it's just that it wasn't
transparent to the user).

I believe this is more likely to be a bug in the way the mod_proxy_ajp and
mod_rewrite interact, rather than a matter of configuration.

But I really appreciate more suggestions and/or workarounds!
Thanks, pete