From: Kevin D. Van Der Hart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mod_proxy definitions taking precedence over
mod-rewrite rules (Again)

Solaris 10 SPARC

-----Original Message-----
From: Yu, Ming [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:00 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
mod-rewrite rules (Again)

What is your OS system system?

- Ming Yu
  JHUAPL

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin D. Van Der Hart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:46 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
mod-rewrite rules (Again)

I sent this message once but received no responses and have not been
able to resolve the problem. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

I am running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris. I have some mod-rewrite rules
that had been working properly that make changes to URLs that also would
be valid under some mod_proxy settings on a specific name based virtual
host. Mod_rewrite is compiled into httpd and mod_proxy is loaded as a
DSO. I upgraded the Solaris OS from 8 to 10 and now the proxy rules are
taking priority over the mod_rewrite rules and my rewrites are failing.
I have some rewrite rules that don't conflict with mod_proxy rules and
they work as expected so I know both modules are loaded and working
properly. With Apache 1.X I specifically loaded modules in a set order
so mod_rewrite would have precedence over mod_proxy. Can this be done
with Apache 2.0? I tried recompiling Apache on the new OS but that had
no effect.

Thanks.

Kevin