On Thursday 05 January 2006 05:01, Jason Williard wrote:
> I am building a set of web servers that will be running both Apache 1.3.x

... three years obsolete ...

> and a version of the 2.x branches.  My question is quite simple... Which
> version is recommended?  Is the 2.2 branch stable enough and supported
> enough or should I install 2.0 for the time being and upgrade to 2.2 in the
> future?

2.2 is the best-supported version by the developers.  2.0 probably still has
more third-party modules that work out-of-the-box.  But the transition from
2.0 to 2.2 is not difficult, so upgrading a third-party module shouldn't be
more than an hours work for a programmer.  And after the first one - when
you know what to expect - it'll be a five minute job.

--
Nick Kew