Yea, I found out the file in apache souce code (moduels/mappers/mod_rewrite.c).

RewriteRule (.*) http://$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^(*.xqy)$ http://localhost:8080/$1 [L,P]

What is the meaning  [p] ,[L,p] ?

On 1/9/06, senthil kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Could you please send link to download mod_rewrite.so/mod_rewrite.[c|h] . I found out mod_rewrite.c & mod_rewrite.h file in html format.

Is it right command to compile the mod_rewrite.c file ?
./apxs -c -I/usr/include/libxml2 -i mod_rewrite.c

RewriteRule (.*) http://$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^(*.xqy)$ http://localhost:8080/$1 [L,P]

What is the meaning  [p] ,[L,p] ?

Thanks a lot,
senthilkumar.

On 1/7/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On 1/5/06, senthil kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Axel,
>
>  I am not looking for proxy concept, i don't want to configure my browser to
> point to my proxy server.
>  I am looking for gateway concept, I want to communicate external domain
> through my gateway apache server.
>
>  Browser <---------> My Gateway Apache Server  <-------------> External
> domain
>
>  Note:: My Gateway apache server internaly acts as a proxy server.
>
>  that's why the requested external domain url as pass as the url string like
> http://localhost:8080/www.test.com

You can probably do
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule (.*) http://$1 [P]

But the results will be pretty strange.  In particular, redirects
won't be properly rewritten because you can't use ProxyPassReverse in
a configuration like that.

Joshua.