Greetings -

I have a requirement to run an HTTPS subversion server and an
HTTPS website on the same physical server.  I have both working
using the following snippet.  The high-volume requests go to
the website proxy.

<VirtualHost *:443>
 # For subversion setup
 <Location /svn/repos>
   DAV svn
 </Location>

 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}    !^/svn
 RewriteRule ^/(.*) ... [last,proxy]

</VirtualHost>

My questions are:
Q1: How efficient is the RewriteCond?  In another case I had three RewriteCond
directives on a RewriteRule with no apparent impact but the server was not being
heavily hit.
Q2: Name-based hosting is the obvious choice, but HTTPS doesn't
allow it.  Is there a better way to do this, i.e. different handling for
incoming
HTTPS requests to the same server?

Thanks,
Dave