Joshua Slive wrote:

On 1/18/06, Mark McCulligh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was wondering what is the different between TransferLog and
CustomLog.  The only difference I can see is that with the TransferLog
you cannot give it a log format or give it any other parameters.  If
this is true why use the TransferLog when the CustomLog does the same
thing and has move features.

TransferLog only exists for historical reasons.  There is no reason to use it.

Joshua.

Thanks, I was wondering if that was the reason. If TransferLog is for historical reasons would it be better to have your SSL VirtualHost Log setup like this:

<VirtualHost 192.168.102.10:443>
   <...>
  ErrorLog   /usr/local/httpd/logs/site1/error_log
  CustomLog  /usr/local/httpd/logs/site1/access_log combined
  CustomLog  /usr/local/httpd/logs/site1/ssl_request_log \
      "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
</VirtualHost>

Trying to figure out the best way to log SSL websites. Starting with the examples in the Apache docs.

Thanks,
Mark