Many thanks to those who replied to my original email. The OS I am using is Windows XP Pro. If, as has been pointed out, this is a problem with Port80, can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks
Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Please tell us what OS you are using? - we need to know
this if you want help.

As allready mentioned, only one application can attach
itself to one port address.

It appears you may allready have a web server listening on
port 80 unless you are not starting apache as root.

Keith

In practice they are not.