On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 10:26 -0500, Mark McCulligh wrote:
> It most likely the php mail() function.  With the default install/config
> when the mail() function sends an email it is sent by the Apache user.
>
> If it is going to someone you know over and over (aka a client) it could
> be a contact us page.
>
> Mark.
>
> maillists wrote:

Thanks Mark,

The spam is going out to many outside addresses of the world (sorry
everybody, I need to be sentenced to community service or something for
this)

Does anybody know what the following is in my Logwatch under sendmail
area?

<snip>
Authentication warnings:
    apache set sender to [EMAIL PROTECTED] using -f: 7 Times(s)
</snip>

Thanks Again! and I apologize if any of you got hit by the spam!

Rick