On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 06:08:21PM -0000, Matt Willsher wrote:
> I have a set up where by Apache serves static content from an NFS share.
> This works ok most of the time but we have been getting occasional BUS
> signals, resulting in core dump, when reading files. This apparently occurs
> because the requested file changes between it being mmap'd and the memcpy.

This is a known issue with 1.3.  Upgrade to 2.0, and the server will
usually use sendfile(), which avoids the problem, and the EnableMMAP and
EnableSendfile directives are available to control it precisely.

In general if files on your site are modified in-place you will
sometimes be serving corrupt content, so this situation is generally
better avoided in the first place.

Regards,

joe