I would like to configure Apache 2.0.52 on Linux to follow symbolic links to directories.

The directory names I am using are defined as symbolic links on the file system. The "FollowSymLinks" parameter is configured in httpd.conf.

According to /var/log/httpd/error_log the symbolic links are followed correctly, but the log file shows the real directory names not the symbolic ones (which is why my CGI script fails to run).

How do I configure Apache to follow symbolic links to directories without internally using/reporting the file system's real directory names?

Thanks, David