Keith, my problem is not that. I am not running out of physical memory.
But Apache sees it that way and logs an error "Out of Memory"

I have 4GB of RAM on each server and the available RAM is over 2.5GB on
each server. So what memory is Apache runing out of ?

regards
- -
Jignesh Badani
Intranet/Extranet Technical Services

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
01/24/2006 12:57 AM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] False "Out of Memory" errors - on new Suse Linux SLES
9.1 - Apache 2.0.54 - Blade servers running 4 GB of RAM

>From what I have been reading, if I understand it correctly,
apache will try to hang on to as much memory it has
allocated for processes from the OS, even when it is not to
busy anymore. This directive should limit the amount of
memory you allow apache to cling to, after a busy period.

Otherwise, it will just hang on to the allocated memory
without returning it to the OS, even when it no longer
requires it. So setting a value of 0 will make apache hog
whatever memory it has taken from the OS indefinately.

Keith

In practice they are not.