o If you want freely available support for running Apache please join the
       Apache user community by subscribing to Users Mailing List at
       http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html or one of the following USENET
       newsgroups:
       comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
       comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
       Also available at:
       http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.infosystems.www.servers

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/27/06 12:26 PM >>>
brenda, wish i could help you but i only joined the group to get help myself... not really that knowledgeable yet... still learning. how did you find my email address and is their a larger list of participants so that i might ask my own question? i joined the group but can't find where to ask my question.

thanks.
chris.

Brenda Washington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I upgraded my apache server from apache 1.3 with Openldap-2.0 and mod_ssl-2.0 to apache 2.0. With openldap-2.0 and mod_ssl-2.0 running.  I configured the mod_auth_ldap directives AuthLDAPBindAsUser and AuthLDAPcryptPasswords in the apache 1.3 httpd. conf file which worked great with my ldap server and portal. These directives are no longer available for apache 2.0. What directive in apache 2.0 can I replace the directives with that will work with my ldap server and portal? I can connect to the ldap server, but the portal does not work. These are the mod_auth_ldap directives I have in apache 1.3 httpd.conf file.

<Directory "/path/to/cgi-bin/files">
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
AuthName
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPHosts
AuthLDAPBindAsUser
AuthLDAPBaseDN
AuthLDAPUserKey
AuthLDAPCryptPasswords
require valid-user
These are the mod_auth_ldap dire ctive for apache 2.0 in my ssl.config file.

<Directory "/path/to/cgi-bin/files">
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all