"William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
mohan devanoor wrote:

> Thanks William,
> problem is solved with mod_perl but how to create any asp program to run
> on apache??????
- i meant to say the samples which r given in asp/eg/ are working. Apache uses perl script embeded asp page. is it so?
htttp://localhost/asp/form.asp
outout : a form
You missed the point; surrender. Either you want to run perl 'asp' scripts,
or it's time for you to learn, and port your applications, to aspx.
but u said
- mod_aspdotnet and mod_mono only support aspx - not asp.  modperl also
doesn't
support 'vb' or other non-perl .asp pages, onl y asp pages in perl.
???????

Trust me, I researched how to deploy the microsoft scripting framework for
asp script into httpd, and it was a totally worthless exercise in futility.
Nobody's done it yet, and now nobody is about to. There were some various
apps to convert .asp script within apache, but I believe most of those
efforts are dead.

If you are looking for something less complex than aspx, you might learn php.

Yours,

Bill