On 2/3/06, Jason Williard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Redirect        /index.php      http://www.domain.com/weather/
>   RedirectMatch   ^/([0-9]{5})    http://www.domain.com/weather/$1
>   RedirectMatch   ^/([A-Za-z]+)   http://www.domain.com/weather/$1
>

> The problem with this is the last line is interpreting "index.php" as
> "/index" and appending that to the end.  The second line works perfectly.
> How can I get the last line to work without seeing index.php, or index, as a
> match?

I think you need to tag $ on the end of your regexes to indicate the
end-of-string.  Otherwise any trailing characters will match.

> Also, when it gets to http://www.domain.com/weather/$1, I am experiencing a
> similar issue.  The images/ folder is in a folder called weather/.  So, with
> the rules that I have in place, the images are not showing up.  I'd like to
> know if there is a way to follow the rules while excluding the weather
> folder.

Do you mean you want to exclude the "images" folder?  If so, you can
add something like
RewriteRule ^weather/images - [L]
at the top.  Otherwise, I can't understand what you are asking.

Joshua.