On 2/7/06, Jonathan S. Abrams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have had a breakthrough, though I do not have a solution yet.  In my
> .conf file, there is a line that reads
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.shtml.
>
> Beneath that line, later in the .conf file, I have this:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/new_FTP-Server/
>     <Directory /Library/WebServer/new_FTP-Server/>
>       AllowOverride None
>       Options Indexes ExecCGI IncludesNoExec
>       Order allow,deny
>       Allow from all
>     </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> So, what I believe is going on here is this.  Even though I have a line
> that reads "Options Indexes" inside the <Directory> tags, which are
> inside the <VirtualHost> tags, the DirectoryIndex line at the top of the
> .conf file is overriding the "Options Indexes" later in the file.  Could
> this be?  If so, why?  If the DirectoryIndex line should not (or does
> not) override the "Options Indexes" line later in the file, then I guess
> I am back at the original problem.

DirectoryIndex and Options Indexes do not override each other.  They
are complementary.

I strongly suspect that you have a simple config or unix permissions
problem.  But there is not much that can be done at this point unless
you can use basic debugging tools.  (One additional thing that might
be useful to see is an "ls -la" from inside the problem directory.)

Joshua.