I had a problem with PHP4 and Apache2 (on OS X Server) with Firefox for Windows. Firefox could not d/l anything from my server. Unfortunately, it auto-magically fixed itself. Are you running Firefox on Windows?

-Jonathan

Jacqui Caren wrote:

A development system I use is failing to upload data 99% of the
time - it very infrequently works 1 in every 1000 or so hits.

I could not find anything in the downloaded list archives
or via altavista and was wondering of anyone else has hit this?

I am still trying to get a truly minimal test case but here is
the gist of the problem.

POST (file upload) data seems to cause Apache2.0.45 to 'hang'.
The backend is perl and CGI.pm (latest stable versions)
I have also updated firefox to latest stable to no end.

In building a minimal test case I am have eliminated CGI.pm
by use of a CGI script that does nothing other than "hello world" :-)

Jacqui

A test case is attached. I am trying this on other linuxen
to see if it is AMD64 specific. A post without a file works
but with even a small file hangs.

Some config details
-------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ uname -a
Linux xxxxxxxxx 2.6.12 #1 Wed Jul 6 09:04:02 BST 2005 x86_64
  AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ unknown GNU/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ /usr/local/ebs/ap2/bin/httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.55
Server built:   Feb  9 2006 10:12:05
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ /usr/local/ebs/ap2/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.55
Server built:   Feb  9 2006 10:12:05
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:11
Architecture:   64-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/ebs/ap2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/ebs/ap2/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$