Ok, I took Joe's advice.  You can find the strace at:
http://staff.hightechhigh.org/~tgarton/httpd.strace.gz

The other info you asked for is:
Linux distro - Slackware 10.1
CPU arch - x86(Pentium III)
glibc version - 2.3.2

Tim

Joe Orton wrote:

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:43:12PM -0800, Tim Garton wrote:
Has anyone else run into anything like this? Just upgraded to Apache 2.2.0 on a linux box running 2.6.10 kernel. This machine mounts some windows shares via CIFS (eg. mount -t cifs //windowsfs/share /local/mount/point) For some of the virtual hosts the UserDir's lie on these mounted CIFS filesystems. After upgrading to 2.2, whenever you try to visit one of these UserDir pages, if it's an .html page you get the html but no images work, if it's anything else you get a blank page. Additionally, we see these in our error logs:

[Mon Feb 13 14:55:08 2006] [info] [client 172.16.10.7] (75)Value too large for defined data type: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

Could you capture the strace output when this happens? e.g.

strace -o /tmp/httpd.strace httpd -X
<send a request which triggers the error>
CTRL-C.

then gzip and upload /tmp/httpd.strace somewhere; please don't post it to this list. It might be useful also to know the:

- Linux distribution
- CPU architecture
- glibc version

Regards,

joe

--
Tim Garton
Director of Technology

begin:vcard
fn:Tim Garton
n:Garton;Tim
org:High Tech High
adr:;;2861 Womble Rd.;San Diego;CA;92106;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Director of Information Technology
tel;work:619-243-5009
tel;cell:619-347-9531
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.hightechhigh.org